Thursday, March 19, 2009

Second break

Well, the second set of games today in the NCAA Tournament is well underway. The majority of the games are at halftime.

Purdue versus Northern Iowa is already more than halfway through the second half and finds the Boilermakers up by 10 with 8:23 left. Still a lot of game for a comeback and ten points is certainly a manageable margin. However, Northern Iowa is going to need to score on a more consistent basis as they have been hot and cold in spurts throughout the game.

53-34 is the halftime score of North Carolina against Radford. No Lawson, no problem for the Heels in this one. I don't expect anything to change in the second half either.

Even without Jim Calhoun on the bench for the Huskies they did eventually find that flow I mentioned last post. They are up 28 over Chattanooga at the half. Don't expect that to change in this game either. Looks like both the number one seeds in action in this set are going to advance comfortably.

With the point that the first three games are at I would really consider going on my run right now since they aren't close at all. However, California and Maryland are single handedly keeping me from doing so. There is a 3 point advantage for the Terrapins in this one at the half. I don't want to miss the second half of this thing. My earlier assessment that Maryland appears to be the more athletic team while Cal is more prolific shooting jumpers has held true. Some Cal players have struggled at times and if that turns around this could turn out to be a Beary good game...lots of pun intended.

In the time it took me to type this post Northern Iowa has crawled back to within 6 against Purdue...I love when they make it interesting for me.

No comments: