Friday, March 20, 2009

Early evening, day two

Portland State is hanging tough in the first half against Xavier. I picked Xavier to win this one and didn't really expect Portland State to put up much of a fight...though it is always more fun when they do.

Boston College and Southern Cal are nearing the half (5 minutes left) and it's a 1 point game. This one should be close to the end. USC looks to be continuing their hot play of late. I wouldn't want to be playing this team in the tourney that is for sure.

Arizona and Utah are within 3 minutes of reaching halftime. Arizona currently leads 31-23 and most people aren't giving the Utes much of a shot in this thing. Even though there were many talking heads that questioned Arizona's even being in the field those same talking heads picked them to win...hypocrisy at it's finest I guess. Utah is going to need to quit turning the ball over if they want to have a shot at this game though.

The biggest surprise of this group of games so far is another 16 seed. Morehead State is down only 3 to top seeded Louisville and they are under 2 minutes to play in the half. I didn't have Louisville going all that far in my bracket so I must admit I am really pulling for this upset. On the 100th playing of a 16 versus a number 1 it would be kinda fun to see it finally happen.

More updates later, enjoy the games.

No comments: