Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day One Conclusion

All in all this was a pretty good day one for the NCAA tournament. The later games weren't all that exciting as it saw a couple 1 and 2 seeds beat up on some 15 and 16 seeds but there were some close ones as well. The 12 seed success continues against the 5 seeds as Western Kentucky knocked off the Fighting Illini. Though I don't know if I consider it a huge upset, I picked it to happen. Most experts I have listened to had it happening, so regardless of what the seeds say I think this was a pretty good game of evenly matched teams and really, the better team won.

The bracket after day one looks like this (click for larger image):


More action tomorrow sports fans, I know I'm looking forward to it and you should be too. See ya then.

No comments: