Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy January 27th everybody. Few things happening in what is becoming my extremely boring life. I may or may not have mentioned that I play World of Warcraft. If I haven't, I play World of Warcraft. Except for the last week as I haven't logged in for around eight days now. Not really sure why just needed a break from it I guess. When you are unemployed and play WoW it can really start to eat up some of your awake hours.

I'm still applying for jobs left and right with little to no prospects on the horizon. The most notable job application since my last post is my compensation associates application with Google. That would be pretty righteous place to work and it's in the bay area which would be ideal for me. Far enough from my hometown where I don't have to visit all the time, but close enough to friends and family that I could visit when the need arises. Though considering I didn't hear from Google on the first application I sent their way and the fact that the job market is flooded with people likely far more experienced than I, I don't exactly expect to have anything come of it...unfortunately. Optimistic, I know, but that's just who I am.

In sporting news the Superbowl is just around the corner. We didn't get the all bird matchup that I was hoping for and the Steelers are favored in the game, as they should be. I am really pulling for the Cardinals though, especially because their division is so terrible and nobody gave them a shot because of it. My Magic have slipped a bit in the last week after having the best record in the NBA (by percentage) for a day they have lost two straight and after tonight's game with the Pacers they have to face Lebron and a very good Cavs team. We really need to get back on track tonight and head into that game with the Cavs with some confidence. The offense looked pretty out of sync last Thursday against the Celtics with the exception of only a couple players.

Yesterday marked the beginning of my fourth week of my new healthier lifestyle. I weighed myself again and am down to 182 pounds. That is eight pounds lighter than I was when I started this adventure of fruits, veggies, and everyday exercise. Ten pounds in a month was more than I could have expected and I am on track for that easy. I am pretty excited about all of this and it only came with a small price of not having alcohol or sodas and taking care of myself since new years. Wasn't a problem at all. Jon Adams: being a better human sine 2009. That will sound much more prestigious in five to ten years I'm hoping.

Well, until next time everybody. Take care and go Cards!

No comments: