Monday, December 22, 2008

My Slacking Ways...

Anybody who may have read the first couple of posts knows that I've slacked on my goal to post at a one post per week rate. For this, I apologize. I have no excuse other than my pure laziness. I am still searching for a job and writing cover letters for applications has taken some of my time, while applying for unemployment has taken some as well. Times are tough.

My fantasy football championship week was this weekend and I was fortunate enough to sneak into the finals. Despite losing Tom Brady in week one and having my second rounder lead the league in drops from a wide receiver (I'm looking at your Braylon Edwards), I got some playoff breaks to go my way and got to the money game. I ran into the regular season points leader and scored one of my higher totals of the year but was outdone by a better week for my opponent. It happens, I was just grateful to be in the money after the injuries and hardships my team had sustained all year.

The holidays are upon us as Christmas is only a couple days away now. Being unemployed it's a bit of a rough year for gift giving but have figured out a few gifts to give my close family members. I would share them but my only fans might be said family members so perhaps after they've received them. I will say merry Christmas because that is the holiday I celebrate with my family (and egocentricity is fun for one), however, I do want to wish everybody a happy or merry whatever holiday they celebrate during this season. I will post again soon, everybody be safe.

No comments: